Thursday, March 1, 2012

Conversations on work

One of my shoe-art projects from eons ago.

So recently I've been exploring on what possibilities to explore in terms of creative work. I'd say its both frustrating and exciting. Frustrating because I don't want to be driven wholly on generating income (taking over my mind-space) and exciting because I have a LOAD of ideas, crazy fun awesome entrepreneurial ideas - seriously brilliant and I can totally visualize it happening RIGHT NOW (whether it generates income or not). I'm good at that, I'm very good at brainstorming and seeing the impossible possible and breaking down the steps to making it happen. Maybe I should be a consultant, a brainstorm buddy of sorts? *jotting that down*

Anywhey, I decided to explore what else is out there to see whats really happening in the indie creative entrepreneurial scene. Some of my finds include:


Indie-Business
I think I found this through a tweet by one of the authors connected to Pugly Pixel. *Small world afterall..* and since I had some savings left over from christmas I thought, lets check it out. In one word: Insightful. Lots of helpful tips and exercises to really get down to the essentials, its really like a Compass (as they put it).


Alt Summit Channel: Creative Collaborations by Laura Mayes
How did I jump into this rabbit hole, I'm not so sure anymore but I signed up for this class days ago and enjoyed the session. I thought she had great input on creative collaborations and how to work with others over the net and make things happen. I'm a collaboration junkie so I thought this was a great way to refresh that team spirit. Thanks Anna of Canoe Design for this find.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, as you can see, I'm in a bit of a creative high these last weeks. Writing things down and allowing the dust to settle a bit before moving on to the next step.

How about you? How do you go about your own creative work? Care to collaborate

No comments:

Post a Comment